Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A post just for Georgia...

Georgia, my dear friends, is my one friend that probably keeps an archive of every slip up i've during year 1 @ Leeds uni - and believe me those were plentiful.

In fact i'm convinced she probably has a satellite system just waiting to catch me and I can just picture her wringing her hands with glee every time I say woman instead of women (or is it the other way round G?)... Anyway, before she rants on about the 'woman/en slip ups, let me just remind you G that this mistake is common amongst Ayrabs (well at least my parents in particular) and i've inherited it somehow - so I cannot help it! (the last sentence could very well be a shoddy lie to explain my crappiness.)

Getting to my point, I'm so bloody glad you aren't with me in Damascus girl! You'd feast on the slip ups i've made here. They range from writing a telephone number the wrong way round to asking for sanitary towels instead of bath towels in a store (in Arabic of course - more on this above haha)... And you need look no further than this blog for mistakes all over the place - sorry guys but for some reason on every Damascene key board there is a sticky key and it is usually a vowel... since the monitors here are usually cack I cannot be bothered to check the post again; Hence my blogs are littered with mistakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home