Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Bastarfs

Not sure when i'm going to have the time next to use the net so i'm boring you while i've go the opportunity.

Here is a rant about the British Embassy...

BASTARFS!

Charging me 50 squid just to give me a letter to my prospective university saying that they have no qualms with me studying Arabic there... how difficult is that??? Hey, mr embassy man, if you're listening I PAY TAXES y'know!

Anyways I managed to visit the university... not surprisingly the lady at the front desk was pretty (how many times have I thought that to myself here?) and I managed to get myself a letter exempting me from the AIDS test... No, before you start laughing that they had reason to do this: it's compulsory for all students! So I had that test at a very run down hospital.. It was quite interesting to see that the other foreign students were from Burkina Faso, Kenya and India; their Arabic was quite impressive.

yknow strangely enough I've only seen one dog so far which I think was a chihauhua - those things are a waste of space (i've seen more use out of a spoon on legs)...

[spoon menace lol]

2night I plan to go to the top of Qasiyoun hill (what's the diff between a hill and a mountain? :S) which overlooks Damascus.. apparently it's a beautiful view and the cafes there are very popular..

1 Comments:

Blogger Adil / Paul said...

Shabibi you know now that you are in Damascus (ah, beautiful Damascus, city of my dreams, my love...) you are no longer permitted to complain about anything. Even those stingy, money-grabbing bastards at the British embassy. On the other hand, i feel your pain - enrolling for anything in the Arab world is a marathon of beureaucracy and a test of anyone's stamina.
Say hello to Jebel Qaisyoun for me. I sat up there at the end of a very special trip in Syria last year and watched the sun set with a good friend. Good times - and we solved all the world's problems!

BTW, being as it's a JEBEL, there is no difference between hill and mountain.
Have fun
Adil

8:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home