Tuesday, July 24, 2007

M&S Organic Cucumber + dog = my despair

Ok, so i'm walking the dog. I pass an old middle class lady walking her bichon and her golden retreiver. She's discussing what she feeds them.

'I feed him only the best cucumber you know. Marks and Spencer. Organic you know.'

(I didn't even ask)

'Only the best for him, you know.'

Evidently. A passable state of affairs, possibly, in isolation. But I took a few moments to contemplate (meanwhile my dog is getting annoyed at the fact that I can't do two things at once, hence the ball is not being thrown for her). And I fear that this may be part of a general decline in the sanity of the beings that, unfortunately, populate this earth. Consider the following:

Ariel Sharon is 'a man of peace.'
George Bush is divinely inspired.
Tony Blair is the new Middle East envoy for peace.

And now people are feeding their dogs organic cucumber. Whatever is this damned earth coming to?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home